The topic of environmental pollution is of great concern to us and we believe that each one of us is responsible and should make efforts to protect it and not pollute it as much as possible.
You know that we have always respected and shared more than once that shopping should be above all a pleasure, intelligently, with thought and meaning. And we really want to leave a positive mark behind us and everything we do. In every respect!
So, with small but confident steps, we believe that we are moving in the right direction through actions, not just words.
We try to be in harmony with ourselves and the environment. We carefully select the fabrics and materials we offer you, so that they are mostly natural, organic and clean, of high quality.
Some of our leather goods are completely made from pieces of leather and materials left over from previous collections and production, giving them a second life, ready for new builds and adventures. Ethical, ecological and beautiful.
The task is not easy and it is difficult to achieve this harmony, but we hope that with hard work, the right direction and focus, we can easily realize our ideas.
- ECOLOGICAL PACKAGING
We also want to share with you a little more about our degradable and certified packaging, specially made for Plámenna. Until now, our packaging was paper, recyclable, but we decided to stop this and switch to a more useful option.
They are made from corn starch - polylactic acid (PLA), which. derived from fermented sugars, usually from corn starch.
Completely degradable or in other words #biodegradable
They are compostable, which means we can dispose of them as food waste without any worries. And they themselves smell pleasantly of corn.
Of course, along with the useful, we can't help but mention the aesthetics. Every order arrives to our customers beautifully packaged, with lots of love, care and emotion. And inside, in addition to being full of poetry and romance, it is also carefully embraced by completely ecological paper and materials.
And that's not all, girls. We will continue to work hard in this direction so that artistry can go hand in hand with care for nature.
- WE LOVE FASHION & WE CARE ABOUT OUR PLANET
Together with our partners at Shopify (the platform our store is built on), we are joining forces to engage in a meaningful, important and ongoing commitment to reducing our carbon footprint.
The carbon emissions of each shipment are calculated using a formula based on the weight and distance it will travel. Based on this estimate, funds are set aside from each order to finance companies dealing with large-scale and key climate solutions related to long-term decarbonization. The main decarbonization activities that are financed with these funds are in two directions: active reforestation and already operational projects for extracting CO2 from the atmosphere.
And in this direction, we would very much like to give some useful tips:
- pay attention to the description of the products and the features related to them, because it often happens that we understand from customers that they order mainly based on photos and appearance, without paying attention to the rest of the information such as sizes, fit, features, etc. Often, this turns out to be a futile action on both sides, just to see the product. Something that is completely unnecessary and wastes an extraordinary resource, including quite a lot of CO2 emissions for transport;
- don't rely too much on the view and test option at the courier's offices when shopping. It does not give you a real idea if this product is for you, if it will fit you, if it fits well, if it fits, etc... In a courier's office, it is difficult to properly measure a garment. Our advice: take it home, open it calmly, pour yourself a glass of wine even, enjoy it, try it on, enjoy the moment, match it with whatever you can from the wardrobe and if it doesn't work, it doesn't fit you or for some other reason reason you decide to return it to us - then do so, but only after you have properly evaluated all the details. However, our goal is less CO2 emissions and smart shopping;
- if you need advice and you do not find concrete and more specific information on the site, but you need it, contact us to specify this, so that you do not receive a product ordered in vain that you do not need or almost certainly do not have be done to you;
- pay attention to the information you submit to us for delivery, address and other specifics, so that shipments do not have to be redirected several times and waste unnecessary resources in transport (and respectively CO2 emissions) due to a wrong or inaccurate address .
Every action we take has an impact and every unnecessary movement has a huge impact on our planet. Let us think, act and be more responsible. We believe it makes sense.
We are also working on a completely new project "Let's green the planet", which we hope to share very soon.
Love from us!